Layout/Survey Carpenter - Concrete Formwork
CHANGING SKYLINES, BUILDING FUTURES
Do you want to be a part of a close-knit, family-run organization where management appreciates and recognizes your hard work and values your input? If you are ready for a financially rewarding yet challenging position that promotes personal and professional growth, keep reading!
Pagnotta Inc. is a mid-sized, full-service provider of structural concrete, general contracting, and tower crane and hoist services with job sites located throughout Western Canada. We provide value-added construction services to our customers by creating a successful partnership with them throughout the construction process. To learn more, visit www.pagnotta.ca or click here to view a short video about our company culture and values.
We are currently recruiting a Layout/Survey Carpenter for concrete formwork construction high-rise projects in Edmonton, AB. This role reports into the Superintendent and/or Foreman.
- $34 - $44/hr depending on experience, negotiable
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- RRSP matching up to 4% of regular earnings
- Year-round, full-time work
- Opportunities for advancement - wage increases and promotions are regularly extended to those who take initiative, work hard and take pride in producing quality work
- Our employees would describe the work environment as fast-paced and entrepreneurial-focused. We believe in hiring "A" Players who are self-motivated and intrinsically driven to succeed. These types of people thrive because they are resourceful and can seek out information on their own to make informed decisions
- Review blueprints and construction drawings with Project Coordinator /Site Superintendents
- Review scope of work with Superintendents and determine layout requirements
- Ensure layout equipment and tools are always maintained and available
- Responsible for all elements of layout and elevation requirements and ongoing monitoring checks
- Document and maintain "as-builts" for submission as required
- Arrange for survey checks and updates at various stages of projects
- Ensure work site and tools are organized and cleaned at the end of each day
- Record and maintain all calculations and equipment; maintain and troubleshoot technical equipment
- Completion of daily work records, daily diary, and equipment reports as required
- Review site for accuracy and keep current documentation on hand while working on the project.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- Detail orientated
- Able to prioritize quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to set and maintain your own schedule to meet project requirements
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines
- Punctual and reliable
- Certified Journeyman Carpenter or equivalent non-ticketed experience
- Survey degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working on high-rise, mixed-use, commercial and institutional projects preferred
- Experience reading blueprints and construction drawings
- Experience with Trimble Robotic Total Station and other survey equipment and tools
- Experience with layout work preparation in AutoCAD
- WHMIS2015 (can provide if needed)
- Fall Protection (can provide if needed)
- 44 hours a week plus overtime and work on the weekends as required
- Two paid 15 minutes breaks and one ½ hour unpaid lunch break per day
- Working at heights
- Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, walk and climb for long periods of time
- Exposure to hot and cold extremes. Must have appropriate gear for the weather.
- Exposure to noise, dust and pollution.